Sunday, August 28, 2016

My Very First Blog on Dream Come True!

My Very First Blog on Dream Come True!

Wow. Have things started becoming crazy here! If you're a friend of mine and reading this, you've found out from my FB page that I'm blogging here so it can be published on Amazon.com too. I will still blog on my FB website but it will be different than the blog on here to some extent because I cannot have 2 exact same blogs anywhere, damn it. That means I have to spread out my mind on how to say the same thing 2 different ways, or talk about the same thing differently. OR say something different in each blog area and tell you to check the other one. 

I hope all my friends on FB will follow me here too. Like FB, it won't be an everyday thing, because I don't believe in publishing everything about my entire life to everyone. I did post on FB today that I'm depressed and I am; being overlooked is hurtful, even if it was meant to be nice to me. I have to explain that to the person who did it and hope they understand. But I don't think I should display my whole life; "Oh my god, I had the greatest homemade chicken burrito for dinner," (followed by picture,) or "another headache again. When will they stop?" sort of thing.

I will write about my writing, I might give some history of my writing; in fact, I'm sure I will. I think it would be very cleansing for me to write about it and for you to see that getting published, even though it is self-published, is a great big huge wonderful happening for me.

So the picture above is of book number two. Why not book #1? I want to revisit the cover and see if we can clean it up some. It's all right, it's just not as good as others that have been done. It's taken my artist, Marija Vemic, practice and time to make the covers better and better. Over time I'll change the title cover so you can see my other covers. I'm currently up to book #7 out of 9 in the Earth Maid series and will start on #8 in about a week. Why?

Because I'm writing a new book, which is turning out to be for a friend, initials QW. She innocently asked (I had already started the new novel but it was in beginning phases and hadn't talked about it) what it would cost to have a character put in a novel. I said "Nothing... why?" She wanted her deceased son to be mentioned or be a minor character in a novel to immortalize him, is the way it turned out. I said give me a bit of time and started grinding my gears on the book.

Now, I write in chunks usually. Here on the blog, no, but on a novel I write what has come to mind and stick it where it belongs. Thus I might write the end of a novel first! Or the middle, then some of the end, then part of the beginning, etc... and I shift it around where it should go. And I mull over my new book when I'm going to sleep and usually dream about it! And lo, a character came up, a major one, for her son. When I told QW she was so happy! She told me she will pay for the cover for the book and buy copies for all her relatives. She also wants to read the first draft of the book, which is close to being done, and I want to write on that for a week, starting tomorrow. Why tomorrow? Because it is Late - almost 10 pm, because I'm still kind of depressed, because the cat is in my lap making this difficult, because my brain isn't working on the book right now. I need to set it up and I'm not sure a section I've written is right. It may be thrown out in the 2nd write. So with all the becauses, I'm putting it off for my comfort. 

So now I end this long, rambling blog. Forgive me if it's dull, I hope to get better at it. I'll talk to you later. I have to post in FB about my new Blogger page and my Amazon Author page too, which will link to this page. I'll try to get the link on here somehow, I'm still totally new to a blogger's page and not sure how to do it. But my facebook page is Taborri Walker, so look it up and see the blogs I've written there, if you're new to me. I promise to discuss enough about my writing to titillate your senses enough to hopefully buy the books!

Love to you all,
Taborri Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment